Submission Preparation Checklist
As part of the submission process, authors are required to check off their submission's compliance with all of the following items, and submissions may be returned to authors that do not adhere to these guidelines.
The submission has not been previously published, nor is it before another journal for consideration (or an explanation has been provided in Comments to the Editor).
The submission file is in OpenOffice, Microsoft Word, or RTF document file format.
The article is prepared according to the given deadline.
The journal manuscripts should contain these sections: Title, Authors, Abstract, Keywords, Introduction, Materials and Methods, Results and Discussion, Conclusion, Acknowledgment (if any), and References. The manuscript may consist of text, equations, symbols, figures, tables, line-drawings, and photographs. Pre-Review Manuscripts are to be typed and formatted according to JETA Template (Microsoft Word Document).
The journal manuscript would have to follow the requirements below:
- Font: Times New Roman in 12 font size
- Spacing: 1.5 lines with 6 pm before and after paragraph
- Title: Capital letters
- Authors: Name, the affiliation of the author(s), and contact details of the corresponding author
- Abstract: Outlining the objective(s), main findings and conclusions, without citations in less than 250 words
- Keywords: Not more than 8 keywords or phrases for cross-indexing.
- Figures and Tables: All figures and tables must be mentioned in the text in consecutive order (in Arabic numbers) and have their captions are written as Figure 1a, Figure 1b, so forth or Table 1a, Table 2b, so forth. In addition, each figure must be set to 300 dpi format
- Acknowledgment: Assistance from individuals and/or organizations can be acknowledged in brief statements (optional).
- References and Citation: All references, be it journal article, book, thesis, report, proceedings, etc. must be cited in the text (Author name & year) in APA format and to be listed in alphabetical order by author’s surname under References.
The maximum number of pages is TWENTY (20) pages, which includes the graphs, figures, tables, charts, and references. The title of the article should be brief. The margin should be 25 mm on all sides of the paper.
Download JETA template here
Declaration of Conflict of Interest
Should the manuscript is being processed for publication in JETA, you need to fill in and submit the declaration of conflict of interest form.
Journal of Engineering & Technological Advances (JETA) is committed to maintaining the integrity and quality of the articles it publishes.
Originality and plagiarism – Authors must ensure the originality of the manuscript submitted. Plagiarism is strictly not acceptable in any submissions to JETA. Use of work from other sources must be acknowledged with proper citation and referencing. Plagiarism detection software will be used to evaluate the originality of a submission. Submitted manuscripts or published articles will be rejected or retracted immediately if plagiarism is detected.
Data fabrication/falsification – Data accuracy is of utmost importance for us and in case of allegations of data fabrication, authors will be asked to provide supporting raw data to be evaluated by the Editorial Board. If a submitted manuscript or published article is found to have its results fabricated or falsified, the manuscript or published article will be rejected or retracted immediately.
Duplicate submission – An author should not submit a manuscript to more than one journal at the same time. It is considered unethical. JETA will not consider any non-original publication where the article may be published elsewhere in any form or language. Any previous work published or any forms of reuse of own words, figures, tables, results by the author must be appropriately cited. The differences between the previous work and the new manuscript must be clearly specified.
Misconduct – JETA is committed to ensuring fair review for all manuscripts received. Any form of misconduct is strictly prohibited. Reviewers and editors are expected to treat all submitted manuscripts objectively and to declare conflicts of interest if any. All information related to submitted manuscripts shall be kept confidential.
The manuscripts submitted would be sent to a minimum of one independent expert reviewer to assess the scientific quality of the paper. JETA practices a double-blind peer-reviewing system. Submission of a manuscript implies that the content has not been published elsewhere (except in the form of an academic thesis) and it is not under consideration for publication in other Journals. The Chief Editor is responsible for the final decision regarding the acceptance and rejection of the articles.
The corresponding author, as the duly representative, is required to a copyright transfer form when the paper is accepted for publication. The authors are to agree/declare:
1. transfer all copyrights to JETA. Nevertheless, the authors reserve all proprietary rights other than copyright, such as patent rights.
2. to have made a considerable, ethical, and intellectual contribution to the work and should take public responsibility for it.
3. that the works have not been published elsewhere or under consideration for publication.
4. the order of authors
Download copyright template here
The names and email addresses entered in this journal site will be used exclusively for the stated purposes of this journal and will not be made available for any other purpose or to any other party. You may find more details at www.segi.edu.my/privacy-policy/